On sustainable development issues
- “Gender equality as an accelerator for achieving the Sustainable Development Goals”. United Nations Development Programme and UN Women, 2018.
- “Leaving no one behind in implementing the 2030 Agenda: Roma inclusion in Europe”. United Nations Development Programme, November 2017.
- “Ageing, Older Persons and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development”. United Nations Development Programme, July 2017.
- “Citizens’ participation key to an inclusive and sustainable future”. Open Democracy, 26 April 2017.
- “Six megatrends that could alter the course of sustainable development”. The Guardian, 14 April 2017.
- “Global Trends: Challenges and Opportunities in the Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals”. United Nations Report, New York/Geneva: UNDP/UNRISD, 2017.
- “Implementing SDG 1: poverty eradication through family support policies and social protection measures in transition countries”. Paper prepared for the United Nations Expert Group Meeting “Family policies and the 2030 Agenda”, New York: United Nations, 2016.
- “Social inclusion, poverty eradication and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development”. Working Paper. Geneva: United Nations Research Institute for Social Development, 2015.
- “Social Drivers of Sustainable Development”. Research and Policy Brief. Geneva: United Nations Research Institute for Social Development, 2014 (in English and French).
- “Why growth and development aren’t the same thing”. The Guardian, 25 November 2014.
On social and family policy
- “Gender, work and childcare in Kazakhstan, Mongolia and Russia”. Social Policy and Administration: International Journal of Policy and Research, 2019, 53(3): 385-400.
- “Youth employment, families and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development”. UNICEF, Florence 2018.
- “The Right Tool for the Job? Labour Activation Policies and Poverty Reduction in Eastern Europe and Central Asia”. United Nations Research Institute for Social Development, Geneva, July 2017.
- “A new social protection model in the CIS countries: from social assistance to labour activation“. Paper selected for International Symposium “Social protection systems – tying the knots”, Bonn: Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences, Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung and GIZ, 2016
- “The family in a new social contract: the case of Russia, Kazakhstan and Mongolia”. Research Paper, Geneva: United Nations Research Institute for Social Development, 2016.
- “Rethinking social development for a post-2015 world”. Development, 57(1): 30-35, 2014.
- “Russian and Chinese Immigration to the United Kingdom in a Comparative Perspective”. China in comparative perspective working paper series, London School of Economics, 2011.
On language acquisition
On Buddhism and happiness